Discover the Beauty of Cheek Enhancement
Aging can affect our appearance in various ways, and one area where change is quite noticeable is our cheeks. Over time, cheeks may lose volume and take on a sunken or hollow look. If you’re not entirely satisfied with the appearance of your cheeks, cheek enhancement could be the solution you’ve been searching for. These procedures are designed to restore volume and create a more youthful, vibrant look.
When exploring the right procedure for your needs, scheduling an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon is crucial. Read on to learn about the different cheek enhancement options available today.
What Exactly Is Cheek Enhancement?
Cheek enhancement refers to a range of cosmetic procedures that enhance the appearance of your cheeks, particularly targeting issues related to volume loss and that sunken or hollow look.
The Variety of Cheek Enhancement Procedures:
Cheek enhancement procedures fall into two categories: surgical and non-surgical.
- Surgical Cheek Enhancement:
- Fat Grafting: This method, also known as a fat injection or fat transfer, involves removing fat from areas like your abdomen or thighs and injecting it into your cheeks.
- Cheek Implants: Cheek implants consist of a solid material that is surgically inserted into the cheeks through incisions made in the mouth. Three types of cheek implants are currently available: malar, submalar, and malar/submalar combined.
- Non-Surgical Cheek Enhancement: Non-surgical cheek enhancement employs dermal fillers to restore fullness to the cheeks. These fillers, typically administered as injectables, are expertly placed in your cheek area to boost volume. Hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally occurring in your body, is a commonly used filler for cheeks.
Benefits of Cheek Enhancement:
Each cheek enhancement procedure comes with its own unique set of advantages and risks.
- Fat Grafting: The primary advantage of fat grafting is its safety and effectiveness in adding volume to the cheeks. However, it’s essential to remember that fat grafting is not permanent, and you may need repeat procedures every few years to maintain your results.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers offer a safe and effective means of adding volume to the cheeks with minimal risk. Like fat grafting, dermal fillers are not permanent, necessitating replacements every few months to uphold your results.
- Cheek Implants: Cheek implants provide a permanent solution for adding volume to your cheeks. Keep in mind that this method involves surgery, and there is a risk of infection and other surgical complications associated with it.
Before embarking on cheek enhancement surgery, it is crucial to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can address your goals and concerns. During your consultation, your surgeon will guide you in selecting the best procedure tailored to your needs.
Is Cheek Enhancement Right for You?
The most effective way to determine which type of cheek enhancement procedure is suitable for you is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
During your consultation, your surgeon will evaluate your unique requirements and aspirations, assisting you in making the best procedure choice to achieve your desired results.
What to Expect During a Cheek Enhancement Procedure:
The results of your cheek enhancement procedure will depend on the specific type of treatment you have undergone.
- If you opted for fat grafting, it may take a few weeks for the swelling to subside and the full results to become visible.
- Dermal filler recipients will notice results right after the procedure.
- Those with cheek implants may experience swelling for several months before the final results appear.
While results from these procedures are generally long-lasting, they may not be permanent, and repeat treatments every few years might be necessary to maintain your desired appearance.
The Safety of Cheek Enhancement:
Cheek enhancement offers a path to the fuller, more youthful-looking cheeks you desire. Today’s technological advancements provide numerous options to help you achieve your goals. It is essential to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to explore the procedure that best suits your needs. To receive an expert evaluation from our experienced doctors and a referral to a trusted plastic surgeon, schedule an appointment with Bare Dermatology today.